Contact Our Seattle And Bellevue Tax And Estate Planning Attorneys
Insight Law is committed to providing comprehensive, efficient and affordable tax and estate planning services. Call 206-923-9356 or contact us by e-mail to arrange a free initial consultation or case evaluation directly with Alerian Hall.
Our attorneys' strong financial and tax backgrounds and our dedication to providing tailored estate plans differentiate us from other estate planning lawyers and firms. With four locations in the greater Seattle area, Insight Law is a convenient resource to help you with your Seattle Estate Planning Attorney needs.Insight Law is committed to providing comprehensive, efficient and affordable estate planning services.
Estate Planning Services Offered:
Summary Of Estate Planning Services:
Insight Law provides comprehensive estate planning legal services, including:
• Preparing documents, including:
• Revocable living trusts
• Living wills/ health care directives
• Durable powers of attorney
• Medical powers of attorney
• Professional wills (for psychologists, doctors, therapists, and other professionals)
• Special needs trusts
• Irrevocable life insurance trusts (ILITs)
• Recommending strategies to:
• Maximize investments and minimize tax liability
• Maximize gift, Federal estate, Washington State estate, GST tax exclusions and exemptions
• Coordinate your insurance and financial portfolio with your estate plan
• Representing clients in probate proceedings
• Estate planning for same sex couples and domestic partnerships
What Makes Insight Law Estate Planning Unique
Our local Seattle and Bellevue estate planning lawyers will take your personal and financial considerations into account when drafting legal documents. However, these documents -- a Will, Power of Attorney, and Health Care Directive -- cannot generally address key questions such as:
• What would you like to happen with your remains at your death?
• Who will take care of your pets? How can you make sure that your pets will be taken care of?
• Does your beneficiary designation on your IRA, 401(k), or insurance undermine your will?
• Did you want your heirs to have to go through probate?
• How will your heirs access your legal documents if you keep them in your safety deposit box?
• Will your guardian for your minor children be in charge of your children and their trust funds? Is this best?
• How will my family access my email, online photos, etc.? How would they close these accounts?
Through comprehensive planning, our Seattle will and trust attorney will assist you with all of these issues:
• We can help you coordinate your life insurance and retirement plan beneficiary designations with your estate planning documents.
• We can tell you what information you should collect and include with your legal documents, how to best organize these documents, and to whom you should give them.
• We can discuss the pros and cons of funeral and memorial options and include your preferences in your estate plan.
• We can explain how best to distribute your tangible personal property (family heirlooms, furniture, etc.).
• We can start an estate planning folder for you, containing your essential personal information, estate planning documents, and practical information that will guide your family in the event of your death or incapacity.
We also address your financial concerns and goals.
In addition, our financial and tax backgrounds help ensure that your estate plan fits your current financial goals and situation.
We address such questions as:
•· Will your estate be subject to taxes: Washington State estate tax, federal estate tax, gift tax, income tax, or generation-skipping transfer tax? Do you want to avoid them?
•· Should I start gifting away assets now using my annual exclusion?
•· If I transfer an asset now, instead of at death, will I face gift taxes? Can I avoid them?
•· If I transfer an asset into a trust, will I pay gift taxes?
•· Should I change how my assets are titled?
Let Insight Law comprehensively plan your taxes, both income and estate. Call today. There is no obligation and you can speak with an attorney free of charge,
Basic Comprehensive Planning.
Our Seattle and Bellevue Estate Planning Lawyer charges a flat fee for the basic legal documents most people need-wills, durable powers of attorney, health care directives, and disposition of remains authorizations. This fee also includes assistance integrating your legal choices with your financial and personal situation, by helping you:
1. Write a tangible personal property letter explaining who should take care of your pets and who receives your furniture, cars, and other personal property,
2. Organize your passwords and digital personal property, and
3. Match your beneficiary designations on your retirement accounts and insurance policies to those in your will. This is especially important because these accounts pass to the people listed on the accounts, regardless of who we name in your will.
This fee is $400 for an individual and $550 for a couple. We charge a flat fee so that in our meetings we can take as much time as we need to discuss all of the different options, applicable laws, your concerns and your goals. Even if you have a fairly simple situation, there are still a number of things we need to discuss. The first appointment is generally 1.5 hours, and the second appointment is generally 30 minutes.
Bellevue Estate Planning Lawyer - Seattle Will and Trusts Attorney - Everett Probate Attorneys
Child's Trust Fees
For a language authorizing a child's trust inserted into your wills, we charge an additional flat $100. Most parents generally choose this option, although we can also discuss using UTMA. We'll help you change your beneficiary designations on your life insurance and investment accounts to reference that trust language.
Other Trust Fees
The fees for other types of trusts, including revocable living trusts, credit shelter trusts, disclaimer trusts, ILITs, and special needs trusts, start at $175. We can give you a better estimate of the fee for the trust you need in our first meeting, once we understand your situation and have a grasp of how complex the trust needs to be.
All Other Fees
For all other estate planning services, including trust reviews, our estate planning lawyer at our Bellevue and Seattle office charges $175 per hour.
Author: Alerian Hall